Thursday, July 14, 2011

I think I'm finally finished with the library... for now.

I'm beginning to think I'm addicted to painting my stuff. You see, after my little table makeover, I wasn't completely satisfied with the overall look of my library. Something had to be done about that dark brown papasan chair.


It was just sitting there, all dark brown and passive-aggressive. Every other piece of wood furniture in the room was a pretty teal color except for the gosh darn papasan chair. It mocked me silently for about five minutes before I hauled it into my bathroom and painted all of the parts that are visible when the cushion on it. Like a boss.


I sure showed that chair who's in charge around here. And then I patiently waited for the paint to dry, hauled it back into the library, put it together, and took a few pictures that are way too dark because it wasn't daytime anymore when I remembered to take the pictures. I'm not that great with a camera anyway, if you haven't already realized.



Much better, right? I don't know if you can tell from these pictures, but I also sealed the top of the table with polyurethane while I was in makeover mode. Now it more or less matches the walls. Woo! I felt so good about finishing my library that I swept the house and made a pitcher of sweet tea before my husband came home. I'm sure that's not a big deal to most people, but I'm just now starting to get the hang of domesticity. It's a learning process, people. Cut me some slack, I'm new around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment